|title||Can I use encrypted links?|
- STARTTLS and simlar functions are fully functional as of july 2019.
- Authentication are only necessary when using personal accounts outside the domains of Tornevall Networks.
It is still possible to get whitelisted here, so no authentication are needed. However, this is limited to static connections, with IP-addresses that are never changed by your ISP.
Examples on non static addresses are such hosts that are delivered by Telia, Tele2, Telenor, etc.
- The authentication is always the credentials you are using to read and write mail via tornevall.net
- The below servers also use tornevall.se
You can get your mail in two ways: By pop3 or imap. The current configuration is listed here. On IPv6 all SMTP-out traffic goes via since the main provider is blocking their IPv6-roads.
|protocol||port||server||authentication required||ssl/tls available||ipv4-gateways||ipv6-gateways|
Port 993 (Secure)
2a01:299:a0:1004:1011c0a1:ff:ff:1 ff (SE)
There are however moments where port 25 are also prohibited to use by your internet service provided and restrictions are made, so the only way to use SMTP are to use another server and port. If you have no other options, this is the method that we recommend you to use.
Be aware of the second relay, where port 587 is available. This is used, as a default plain text port, when the first option are unavailable for you - for example a restricted network, that do not allow communication through anything but standard ports.
* = Outbound mail is currently not sent directly via smtp.tornevall.net as it tend to be scored as "Bad Rumour Providers". Instead, the mail are going through our backup servers. If mail are, for some reason, rejected from smtprelay-1.tornevall.net, they pass through yet another relay server.
IPv6 locations is based on Klippan/Tidaholm, Stockholm and Fremont.
Users are not synchronized from smtp.tornevall.net for the moment, so mail can not be send via those servers unless you're trusted.
authentication required.Outgoing forward requires trust
Outgoing forward 2
Current Solution Visualized
Mailflow Customer View
We use spamassassin running agains some RBL's. This includes both spamcop, uribl, dnsbl.tornevall.org and fraudbl.org, as a few examples. Antivirus amongst others is clamd and NOD32.